This is the day you’ve been waiting for… well, since this day last year. Here are some ideas to make this one a birthday to remember (or to not remember, if that’s your style).
1. You’re an adult! Go out for brunch. Have avocado toast. That’s what adults do, right?
2. Do some taxes. Talk about the weather.
3. Or build a pillow fort and have a movie marathon. Apparently that’s a very grown up thing too…
4. Book an outdoor activities session, like zorbing or paintballing. If you don’t come away with bruises, you’re not doing it right.
5. Have a spa day. If you do come away with bruises, you’re not doing it right…
6. Swim in the sea, if it’s safe. Especially if it’s cold.
7. Hire a limo.
8. Throw a themed party. Party like it’s the 1920s.
9. Make it a surprise party. Put on your very best shocked face.
- 5 Best Staycations for Students
- Best Summer Festivals to go to in 2019
- 5 Drinking Games for Students
10. Visit your grandparents. It’s a big day for them too, after all. (Top tip: do this before the wild party, not after…)
11. Make a Polaroid collage of your day, or look through old photos.
12. Go thrift shopping. Have friends pick out crazy outfits for you and try them all on.
13. Two words: road trip! Go somewhere you’ve never been before…
14. or go somewhere you’ve always loved.
15. Have a Pudding Party with friends… or even without friends; it’s all about the desserts
16. Live your Insta-worthy life…
17. but don’t put it on Instagram. Live in the moment.
18. Okay, let’s get real. Just do everything you’ve been doing since you were 15…
Emma McElderryon 26 June 2019